IN ROOM AUCTIONS
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
RE Software Pty Ltd is a Software as a Service (SaaS) business. We acknowledge that to operate our businesses successfully we must maintain high standards when it comes to how we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
We recognise your right to privacy and have established a number of protocols to help us keep the information we hold complete, accurate and up-to-date.
All of the information collected is held in Australia and is covered by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), under the Privacy Act 1988. RE Software Pty Ltd will continue to be transparent in its activities and endeavours to keep the marketplace advised of its operations.
RE Software Pty Ltd is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of individuals and the accuracy and security of the personal information it holds.
Our staff adhere to the standards, policies and procedures that RE Software Pty Ltd has in place to protect an individual’s personal information.
All copyright information contained in this website is the sole property of RE Software Pty Ltd. You may not use, distribute, modify, copy or reproduce in any way any of the material in this website without the prior written consent of RE Software Pty Ltd.
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of products or services offered.
Personal information we may collect includes but not limited your name, contact details and other information relevant to providing services to you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as:
• Registering as bidder at an auction
• Register as an observer to view an auction
• Placing an order through KatchALL Xcite
Third Party Links
This website may contain links to third party sites. RE Software Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites which link to this website or which are linked from it. Notice: RE Software Pty Ltd may change and update the information on this website from time to time without notice to users.
Your use of this website, and any dispute arising out of such use of this website, is subject to Australian laws.
Collecting and Handling Information
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles(APPs), and applicable privacy regulations.
RE Software Pty Ltd may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, Driver License number, email address, gender, occupation and any other information provided. For some services and products, RE Software Pty Ltd may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on our website including IP addresses via tracking technologies such as cookies.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
• Registering to use the website/s
• Logging in to use our website/s
• Subscribing to a RE Software Pty Ltd system or service
• Publishing or contributing material on our website/s
RE Software Pty Ltd collects personal information from its subscribers for the purpose of building individual profiles.
Personal Information is used and disclosed to subscribers for the purposes for which it was collected, or is directly related to the secondary purpose or where you have consented to the use or disclosure.
Access to personal information held by RE Software Pty Ltd is available by subscription only and is tracked and recorded. However, there may be circumstances where we are required or authorised by law to disclose information about someone to a non-subscriber. Subscription is subject to contractual terms and conditions.
Use of Information
We use personal information we have collected for the purpose of providing you with products and services that you have requested, responding to your enquiries, creating and maintaining your subscription and ensuring you comply and adhere to our website terms and conditions of use. We may use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf, or help us to provide you with the requested products or services, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We may also use personal information collected to:
• Ensure that content from the websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• Provide a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the websites;
• Combine your personal information with information that RE Software Pty Ltd has collected from its service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons; and
• Verify your identity when you register or login to our websites.
Storage of Personal Information
Personal information submitted to RE Software Pty Ltd is stored on servers located in Australia.
RE Software Pty Ltd has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
This includes using the information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services.
Individual’s Right to Request a Correction or Dispute Information
Individuals have the right to access their personal information held by RE Software Pty Ltd, and to have incorrect information amended. Members of the public do not have the right to access personal information other than their own unless the appropriate disclosures are provided.
If you would like to obtain a copy of your information held by RE Software Pty Ltd, you must complete the RE Software Pty Ltd Profile Request Form which can be found on our website. Fees and charges may apply.
If you have a dispute regarding information recorded on any of RE Software Pty Ltd’s databases, RE Software Pty Ltd will investigate and provide you with a formal written response within 30 days. Where RE Software Pty Ltd determines that no amendment to your personal information is required, you have the right to add a statement to your file.
RE Software Pty Ltd will investigate and address your correction request, or complaint, in a fair, efficient and timely manner. All correction requests or complaints must be in writing and the following procedure will be undertaken to resolve the correction request, or complaint:
• Advise the subscriber who added the information to your profile about the correction request or complaint.
• The subscriber will be required to respond within 7 business days. Should the subscriber not respond within the allocated period of time, RE Software Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove the information attached to the individual’s profile.
• Depending on the correction request or complaint, RE Software Pty Ltd may require the subscriber to provide copies of evidence supporting the information added.
• RE Software Pty Ltd to form a view on all evidence supplied, and take appropriate steps to make sure the information recorded is accurate,complete and up-to-date. Information in relation to the correction request or complaint is recorded within the individual’s profile (outlining the investigation procedure and outcome). This information is not made public to RE Software Pty Ltd subscribers, other than the listing subscriber.
• Advise the individual in writing as to the outcome of the investigation. Written response will only be sent if a stamped self-addressed envelope is included.
• Advise the subscriber in writing as to the outcome of the investigation.
Correction requests or complaints must be made in writing and posted to: PO Box 3319 North Strathfield NSW 2137.
Please remember to enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope, should you require a written response. If you are not satisfied with the process taken by RE Software Pty Ltd, and the outcome of the investigation, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Government Identifiers and Sensitive Information
RE Software Pty Ltd does not use identifiers assigned by Commonwealth agencies. In certain circumstances, RE Software Pty Ltd may seek evidence of your identity such as Passport details, Driver Licence or similar, in order to help verify an individual’s identity.
RE Software Pty Ltd does not collect, hold or disclose sensitive information about you such as:
• Political, Social, Religious or Ethical Beliefs or Affiliations
• Colour, Race, Ethnic or National Origins
• Sexual Preferences or Practices
Destruction of Personal Information
Australian Privacy Principles (APP) requires an organisation to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed under Australian Privacy Principles. RE Software Pty Ltd complies with these requirements and destroys any information that is no longer needed or required.
For further information about the APPs of the Act, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at www.oaic.gov.au.